Before I begin, I would like to inform you that the products that I will be mentioning are personally tried and tested by yours truly. With that being said, some products may or may not work for you considering every person has different genetic makeup, hormonal issues, living in a different climate, stress levels and skin care routines which can affect the level of your skin’s oil production.
Moving on, let me share with you facial cleansers that worked for me (without giving me breakouts) that I can recommend if you suffer from OILY SKIN.
Human Nature Balancing Facial Wash (Oil Control)
Too much chemicals in a facial wash can make our skin over-stripped of the oil which in turn produce more oil to compensate for the loss. Gone are the days when I thought squeaky-clean is best for my oily skin. Human Nature balancing facial wash has 100% no harmful chemicals which is why I have been using it lately especially now that I am pregnant, meaning — I sweat and oil up a lot (thank you hormones and summer heat!).
- has tiny beads for gentle exfoliation
- has a citrus scent
- 100% no harmful chemicals
- made from natural ingredients
- does not have a drying effect post-wash
- inexpensive (79.75 pesos for 50ml)
- may be hard to find (I got mine from a friend but I saw these at Beauty Bar and Robinsons Supermarket)
- no pump on bottle, hard to dispense the right amount because of its watery consistency
Human Nature Purifying Facial Scrub
Over-exfoliating and over-scrubbing can do more harm than good to our skin which is why I use this twice a week only. The more I scrub, the more I notice my face getting oilier than usual.
- 100% no harmful chemicals
- has strawberry seeds and bamboo granules as exfoliating beads
- very gentle on skin
- won’t leave the skin feeling dry
- budget-friendly, costs 99.75 pesos only
- the scent is quite unpleasant for me (medyo amoy panis LOL)
- may be hard to find, I bought mine at Robinsons Supermarket
Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser, Combination/Oily Skin
Overuse of skin care products can also cause overproduction of oil hence, an all-in-one cleanser is your best option. Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser delivers just that. It cleanses, exfoliates and freshens your skin gently. It leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized every after wash. I use this with my Mary Kay Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush which I use once a week or as is daily (REVIEW HERE).
- leaves skin feeling soft and supple
- gentle on skin
- targeted towards combination to oily skin
- scent is really nice
- expensive, costs 1, 175 pesos (BUT can last 6 months of daily use)
- available only at your Mary Kay dealer (Check out Beautylicious Deals if you do not have one yet)
Rucy’s Vanity Foam Cleansing (Green Tea)
One of the amazing benefits of green tea is keeping wrinkles at bay. Having oily skin does not exempt us from premature wrinkles due to free radicals. One of my most used facial wash before I got pregnant was Rucy’s Vanity Foam Cleansing. It deeply cleans and removes excess oil (as well as makeup).
- leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
- it cleared up my skin (of minor bumps and rashes) in just one week of use
- reveals a radiant and clearer complexion
- available online through Rucy’s Vanity Facebook page or at Fisher Mall Department Store
- very affordable, 130 pesos for 100ml
- a bit drying, moisturizer is a must after wash
- can sting your eyes, avoid the eye area as much as possible
Pond’s Clear Solutions Anti-bacterial Facial Scrub
Do you commute going to and from school or work? Pollution and oily skin is a NO-NO combo. Overproduction of oil can cause breakouts especially when combined with poor hygienic practice and environmental conditions. An anti-bacterial facial wash can help prevent acne by targeting this bad strain of acne-causing bacteria on the skin.
- effectively removes dirt, oil and makeup
- whiter, and visibly clearer complexion after use
- widely available, in drug stores, department stores and supermarkets
- affordable less than a hundred pesos for 50g
- it is quite drying, applying moisturizer afterwards can help with this
Raw African Black Soap
Raw African Black soap is used for generations in treating eczema, psoriasis, acne, body odor and excessive oil production. It may look gross but as the saying goes, “never judge a book by its cover” — this soap can do wonders. It contains high amounts of glycerin which absorbs moisture from the air and deposits it into the skin keeping it smooth and hydrated. You can order this online at Beautybarbs Facebook Page.
- no preservatives, color enhancers or fragrances
- contains vitamin A and E and iron
- has shea butter for moisturizing effect
- all natural ingredients
- affordable, 120 pesos for 50g
- melts and crumbles easily
- available online only through Beautybarbs Facebook Page
My ultimate tip?
REMEMBER: LESS is MORE! And never use all of these products all at once, try alternating each week for you to find out what works best for your oily skin.
These are my recommendations, I hope this post is helpful for those seeking to find the BEST facial cleanser for oily skin that are available in the Philippines!
If you have your own recommendations, please feel free to comment below what product works for you! Sharing is caring! xx